The theme of the conference is “Towards Ubuntu and Sustainable Development: Social Work position in achieving SDGs”. It falls under the UR thematic areas of Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Economic Growth and Education, Peace and Justice for All.
The sub-themes are:
- Poverty, inequalities, hunger eradication
- Health and sustainable social infrastructure amid COVID-19
- Inclusive education and child protection amid the pandemic
- Natural and manmade disaster management
- Sustainable communities and cities, co-building the future with social work
- Ubuntu sustaining peace, justice and development
- COVID-19, gender equality and violence
- indigenous knowledge decolonising social work
The target population is 500 participants combining in-person and virtual online participants composed of social work students, educators, social work practitioners and paraprofessionals, clinical psychologists, policy makers and other professionals from sister disciplines such as public health, gender studies, human rights, environmental studies.